Thursday, February 16, 2012

Running -- How it all started

It started in 1997 when I signed up for my high school cross-country team because a friend was doing it -- yes, I fell to the peer pressure.  Prior to joining the team I was never into sports because I was always intimidated by my peers and secondly, I have never been the most coordinated person.  Like I was told when I was younger, "You have the coordination of a duck." Given this amazing gift participating in school athletics was clearly never at the top of my list for good reason.  Regardless of my extreme fright and intimidation I sucked it up and became a member of the Statesville Greyhound Cross-Country Team.  Little did I know what I was getting myself into and the wonderful running accomplishments I would achieve in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment